Subscription box: Book Box Club
Theme/Month: Sisters of the Coven, February 2021
Ownership: Subscribed on their 12 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing a Book Box Club subscription, you can do it on their website.
Book Box Club is a young adult subscription box, the unique thing is the Clubhouse where you can chat to the author a month (or so) after the box was shipped and ask questions and just chat around. It also includes several goodies and usually the choice of book is one that is unique and not in other book boxes so very few chances of duplicate books and a lot of new reads discovery power.
A witchy little box, February looks interesting, so let’s unbox it, starting from the theme card on top right and going clockwise:
- Theme card.
- Unchosen sampler.
- Scattered around you will find a small set of tarot cards illustrated for them, sadly there were only a few rather than a full deck because they are gorgeous!
- Witches brew coffee, which I still need to sample after I finish the currently open bag of coffee.
- A wooden spoon with a cute little cauldron engraved at the top. I love the fact that the decoration isn’t in the spoon part and more on the handle meaning it isn’t as hard to clean.
- Lavender shortbread recipe, I had hopes that we would be getting cute theme related recipes per box like this one *hint, hint*
- We Played with Fire by Catherin Barter, which I of course had preordered before I got the box and ended with a duplicate.
- Magical “Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble” binder, which I thought was for the recipe collection *still hinting*
- All Our Hidden Gifts by Caroline O’Donoghue, this was an early copy as the book release was pushed.
- A cute pair of emerald heart earrings. They are stunning and have little swirls of gold in them.
Overall, fitting the theme well and I loved how the items complimented each other, plus the vibes to go make some recipes, enjoy a cup of coffee and maybe have an afternoon meeting with your coven were great. Really good box honestly!