To make things easier, here is the way I will be doing reviews and what the little foxes mean.
Reviews will feature one or more pictures of the book (current edition used), they may contain quotes of content from the book and will quote the synopsis found on Good Reads.
The Moon Kestrel rating systemTM has two symbols.
which means a full “star”
which means a half “star”
Notice the different sizes and colouring to make this easier. The usual range is to (0.5 to 5 foxes/stars) but there might be exceptions where I consider a book/product so good it will receive extra foxes.
Most of the ratings will be displayed below the title and before the synopsis. Amazon Associate links will be added to most of the books reviewed (I do this so I can buy even more books to read and review, because books and my bank account isn’t infinite). There will also be a Good Reads link to the review displayed there (if I wrote a full review, otherwise only to the book’s main page).
There may be recommendations of similar books to read or check out similar to the one reviewed.
If you would like to submit a book for me to review, do not hesitate to contact me. Here are some pointers on what I would prefer:
- Sci-fi, fantasy or YA. I do not mind younger reads or other genres but these are the preferred ones.
- Physical copies are preferred over digital ones but I may make an exception for shorter reads or specific ARC/Proofs. This is due to the fact I do not own an ebook reader. If you want me to make an exception you have to make it worthwhile for me (really sell me your story). I spend all day reading logs in front of a screen, I do not want to be reading more on a PC/mobile.
- Book does not need to be recently published or an ARC/Proof.
- I will provide a honest review, please, do not attempt to change my mind or suggest what I should write. The review will follow the guidelines provided above.
- Book Box Club books get priority on being read first, after that it will depend on mood and what I am aiming for. I will do my best to get to your book as soon as possible, but I cannot guarantee it will be my next read. If the copy you provided is ebook I cannot guarantee when it will be read.
- Posts are scheduled in advance, if you require the review for promotional purposes to be published by a specific date, please make this clear and we can try to work out how to fit it in at the right timing.
- I can also review on GoodReads, Amazon and Instagram, and all my blog posts are shared to Twitter.
- Any other questions, I am happy to answer them. Please use the contact form.
If you would like to submit a subscription box for me to review, please consider the following:
- Book, bookish merchandise and gaming are preferred content. Crafts and others will be considered.
- I DO NOT review make up subscription boxes since my use of make up is limited to mascara and a couple of eyeliners, on a fancy occasion I may wear some lipstick. It would not be a good match and I’d rather it goes to someone who can provide a better review.
- Subscription boxes will be added to the latest “Collection” post (they are scheduled after I’ve accumulated several new boxes). They will also have an entire post about the contents of the box, and an unboxing will be done over Instagram stories.
- I am happy to provide a code in the review for others to use when they subscribe.
- Please refer to unboxing blog entries on what to expect.
- Any other questions, do not hesitate to contact me.