A great little box not focused on young adults, or even adults but actually on Middle Grade reads is Tales by Mail by the same people behind Book Box Club). One of my favourite perks is that it is focused on the books and activities that don’t require more than imagination, some time and something to fill them in. They even have a siblings option just in case you have two little ones in the same household.
So enough raving about it and lets go straight into the contents! Starting on the far left bottom with the theme pages and going clockwise:
- The set of pages to add to your folder with space for reviewing the books included alongside some activities. These fit nicely in the binder you can get from them I love adding them to their binder once the box arrives).
- This time we also got a patch to show off were part of Tales by Mail, which I think is a really cute touch. You’d get this when you start your subscription as far as I understand).
- A super cute magnet with the flying tiger from the theme card.
- The pin to match the theme.
- Temporary tattoos of fantastical creatures. I used to love temporary tattoos as a kid and these are so cute and fun!
- A collection of promotional items for A Clock of Stars, this includes a postcard/print, a bookmark and a sampler, it does sound super exciting and I am intrigued.
- Another promotional bookmark but for a different book.
- Book 1, being The Creature Keeper by Damaris Young, this sounds so intriguing and magical.
- Book 2, which is a more wonderful tale called the The Midnight Guardians by Ross Montgomery.
I love middle grade and Tales by Mail basically makes my life better by giving me two fun middle grades matching a cute theme every other month and with some extra goodies plus some promotional items that make me curious for more books if I like the ones included usually I do, so I end up wanting more books. My pile of books that I want to read is growing exponentially!
If you have children or if you e njoy middle grade, I can highly recommend this box!