Illumicrate Archives Presents are a branch or version of Illumicrate, a book subscription box, that do special editions of books that have already been published but they think could do with some extra love or special editions and usually come with gorgeous little extras.
I have a very soft spot for The Bone Witch so when this was announced I knew I would buy it and so I did. I am a special little thing and forgot I had done so until the lovely box arrived and it cheered me up a lot. So now to proceed to the unboxing, starting from the leaflet about the box on the right and going clockwise:
- The Bone Witch leaflet, it has details on the contents and I love the look of it, plus it was a great preview of how the books would look.
- Underneath everything there is a gorgeous daeva scarf that I died when I saw it, it is perfect and matches a little kimono jacket I have.
- Hard to see but next to the leaflet there is a gorgeous heartglass chain bookmark that again, nailed the little charms and just the vibes perfectly.
- A foiled print from a scene in the first book which is just amazing and I liked it very much.
- The Bone Witch in a glorious purple, with creepy edges and a skull.
- The Heart Forger, now a white and red one which again glorious and a little heart motif on the edges
- The Shadow Glass in a black, deep navy kinda look
Overall really loved that they are naked hardbacks with foiling and those edges are glorious, the inside of the book is also stunning and I loved how simple the items are in a way and yet elegant and fit the story really well. There is that mix of elegance and also not being too much, just perfect.