My very first Illumicrate box included this hardcover book with a crow and a red sun on the cover (sound familiar?). So it wasn’t any surprise that when they announced they w0uld be doing a special edition for Darkdawn, I had to have it (plus they special editions boxes are stunning!).
As you can see above, Nevernight wan’t the only book and it didn’t have an author letter like The Graces did. Nevernight was the “afterthought”, the second book, rather than the main one. Back then the boxes weren’t themed either and it was way more of a surprise what you could get…
But back to the main thing, the Darkdawn box. Because we’ve come to the end of the trilogy.
Look at that, I have a slightly better idea what I am doing with an unboxing, and this time the blanket underneath is not one I made myself, but part of the box. Oh how time goes by! Let’s unbox this, starting from the top left corner and going clockwise:
- Underneath everything, a Mr Kindly and Eclipse blanket. It is the softest thing ever and I love it!
- Nevernight Short-Form Series Extras, a kind of script and sneak peek book for what Piera Forde has been doing on trying to adapt it to “film”.
- A wooden map of Itreya. I don’t know what I will use it for, but I really like it.
- Mr Kindly bath bomb by Geeky Clean. This smells gorgeous and I am looking forward to using it in my bath.
- Contents zine.
- A gorgeous mug called “Goodnight Kiss”, but spoilers, so yeah…
- Darkdawn book, with yellow edges (like the Italian edition if I got it right). (Sadly I prefer the dark edges, but I think part of it is I am not a fan of yellow).
- On top of it, a Mia magnetic coin.
- A print of Mia and Trik (same artwork as the script thing extra stuff)
- Three, the extra content/deleted scene.
- Character bookmarks that are double sided.
- Foil (it is super extra stunning) Hard at work print of Mia.
- A gorgeous book sleeve with two different sides, A Story to Tell.
- Mia “Funko Pop” style figurine.
- Two amazing pins by Fable and Black. I was blown away by them!
- Finally, close to the mug, the Corvere crest as a necklace.
All in all, a very full box with lots of stunning items! Illumicrate did an amazing job and I am glad I bought that first box with Nevernight way back when (I have been subscribed to them since then…)