Subscription box: Owlcrate
Theme/Month: Growing Wild, November 2020
Ownership: Subscribed on their 6 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing an Owlcrate subscription, you can do it on their website.
Owlcrate was my first ever subscription box way back in 2015, and usually feautures young adult books in a variety of genres alongside a few bookish items.
I have to admit that given Brexit, I had to cancel my subscription with reluctance as it has made it a lot more expensive and it was already quite high cost due to shipping if I was in the US itd be fine). However, I’ll be getting two more boxes before my subscription runs out.
Meanwhile let’s see what was inside, starting on the top left and going clockwise:
- Promotional print.
- A flower press kit, this is an unusual but pleasant surprise to find in a book box and one of the reasons why I enjoy their boxes so much, they find quirky items that fit with the book and theme and include them.
- Middle Earth plants postcards
- A dandelion seed in glass necklace. I have a similar one from another book box from way back when and I love it, I think it is quite cute.
- Stickers! They are really cute botanical ones and I am super happy.
- Theme spoiler card
- Enamel pin, they send one monthly and it is inspired by the main book in the box.
- The yearly reading planner, I like they send it in November as it gives time for the box to arrive around the world so you can start it right in January. I am not huge on reading planners or any kind of planner but I still think it is cool, just sad it wasn’t exactly botanical themed.
- A gorgeous edition of Among the Beasts and Briars which I’m hyped to read and have been for ages since I read about it.
Overall a well themed and thoughtful box with a good variety of items. My only not so keen part was that the planner felt out of the theme and everything but I do understand it is the usual month it is included in so wish it had been more in topic, but otherwise I liked it quite a bit and can’t wait to use the flower press at some point.