Subscription box: Tales by Mail
Theme/Month: Whimsical Worlds for December 2020
Ownership: Subscribed on their 6 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing a Tales by Mail subscription, you can do it on their website.
Tales by Mail is a bi-monthly middle grade book box that comes with two books, some activity pages you can collect, or copy or use in various ways, a pin and one or two items.
Today I am showing you what the Whimsical Worlds box had inside and what I think about the contents, starting from the theme card/activity pages in the bottom left and going clockwise:
- Whimsical Worlds activity pages, as per usual there’s space for a short review of each book and a few other activities.
- The Marvellous Land of Snergs which claims to be the story that inspired the Hobbit so I am curious to find out more about it and also it is setting me for high expectations…
- “A bookworm lives here” sticker, I have a soft spot for awesome stickers so this is a great item.
- Small & Wild tea, it came with two bags and I was extra excited to see one is called Snoozy Fox! They’re both delicious and kid-friendly.
- A Christmas wooden ornament, which promptly went on my tree.
- Three promotional bookmarks for other middle-grade books.
- The House at the Edge of Magic, this one has a different vibe, more like a Narnia feel to it and I am intrigued by it.
This book brought me great joy between the foxy tea, the Christmas ornament and just the interesting reads that came inside. So far, I can highly recommend the box for anyone with children, teachers or those like me that enjoy reading middle-grade books even if there are no children around to share them with.
I also really like that it packs two books and non clutter items in it. The tea was promptly brewed and enjoyed, the ornament went on the tree, the sticker will be put on a surface soon and the books read and enjoyed. No complaints there at all. And a lot to say for packing a punch in the contents.