Subscription box: Illumicrate
Theme/Month: Fighting Spirit, March 2021
Ownership: Subscribed on their 6 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing an Illumicrate subscription, you can do it on their website.
Illumicrate is a book subscription box, it usually features fantasy and sci-fi but not exclusively young adult, sometimes it features adult too. It usually contains a new release, a pin and several bookish goodies.
Sorry for the random backgorund changes to come since I have no puzzle due to moving house and will get to it when I can unpack and have the time for them, in the meantime let’s enjoy this unboxing, starting with the book and going clockwise:
- The Unbroken with gorgeous sprayed edges.
- A Winter Night tote bage with utterly stunning artwork.
- Take What You Will pin embroidery hoop art, not entirely sure which of the many options it actually is but there it is.
- Dark Artifices mug, I admit I love the mug but I am not a fan of the fandom so let a friend have it instead.
- A heartglass necklace, which made me squeal a little when I saw it as I immediately knew what it was and which fandom!
- The monthly pin, which is an intriguing design.
- A wordmark, which is cool but I am not huge on any wooden bookmark overall as they tend to be just not right for using as an actual bookmark.
Overall the box had an interesting mix of fandoms and someinteresting items, I was really pleased with the design of the tote and the Bone Witch item but I was also a bit meh about the pin emrboidery hoop and woodmark, so a mixed opinion on it… Hopefully the next month and forward are better.