Subscription box: Book Box Club
Theme/Month: At the Masquerade, January 2021
Ownership: Subscribed on their 12 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing a Book Box Club subscription, you can do it on their website.
Book Box Club is a young adult subscription box, the unique thing is the Clubhouse where you can chat to the author a month (or so) after the box was shipped and ask questions and just chat around. It also includes several goodies and usually the choice of book is one that is unique and not in other book boxes so very little chances of duplicate books and a lot of new reads discovery power.
Ok, were finally catching up with this years boxes, and this was a good one, so let’s see what was inside, starting at the top left and going clockwise:
- Theme card, I like that it shows the name of the theme and the month it is from so it helps my brain remember which month it was.
- Mask of Mirrors, which sounds amazing and I am looking forward to reading it with some buddies!
- Some advert for the Penguin Book Club.
- Sumptuous Supplies list, which is becoming a shopping list soon once I finish up the last few pages of my current one. Love getting this perfect shopping list pads.
- A mini tote/lunch bag which is super cute and a wonderful size.
- Slightly hidden under the book is a nucao, which is vegan chocolate bar. It was slightly more bitter than I expected it to be, so it wasn’t bad but wasn’t amazing either.
- A metal bookmark inspired by Nevernight.
- Extra surprise cute face mask. I am glad the boxes are sending fabric masks that are cute and fun to wear.
- And finally a candle which is all gold and glittery and wonderful .
Overall, I enjoyed the contents a lot, they felt sumptuous and like you were going to a masquerade. A face mask is an interesting spin to a masquerade attendance but why not? Quite good and February is meant to be awesome, so looking forward to it!