Illumicrate is a quarterly book subscription box that despite saying it only includes one book usually includes two. My first box was in August last year and I really like receiving it. (I admit I have had issues with delivery but Daphne has always been quick to reply, and apparently Hermes has stopped being nasty with deliveries since this box made it on the first attempt and there were no issues).
Of course, this box was no exception in being packed full of goodies (and I guessed the book correctly, I felt so proud!)
Starting from the top left corner and going clockwise, contents were:
- Cute notebook with a Percy Jackson quote
- Wonder Woman Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo with delightful tinted edges that I adored (and this is the book I guessed)
- A cute savings glass jar that says “Book Jar” by Blossom Books.
- An ARC/proof of Nyxia (it sounds like a mix between Hunger Games, Enders Game and The Maze Runner, and according to the author it’s all about depicting compasion).
- Several publisher bookmarks.
- Blossom Books cute book note/tags which make me want to use them all on my books as I read (even if I don’t have the having of annotating books)
- Moxie pins
- Warbringer square pin/badge
- Pouch with Shakespeare quote.
- Quote aout happiness and books that came inside the Book Jar
- Promotional postcard
- T-ology The Red Church tea which may or may not contain the blood of your enemies.
- Coaster that feed my engineering and artist side with feels for some reason and I love it.
At first I wasn’t sure what to think of the contents but somehow they have all made me squeal a little as I write about them. The pouch is holding some picture props like ribbons and other bits and bobs, and the Book Jar is now a challenge my boyfriend gave me.
We’re trying to fill it with coppers (1p or 2p) and see if once full it is enough to buy a book (at retail price). It was such a fun challenge that we ended up turning the house upside down just to find all the pennies we could and somehow managed to do half full jar. Crazy, right?
So as you can see this Illumicrate was a success once again (it even managed to get my boyfriend involved in the goodies), so check them out if you’d like to buy a subscription.