Subscription box: Book Box Club
Theme/Month: Against the Dark, March 2021
Ownership: Subscribed on their 12 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing a Book Box Club subscription, you can do it on their website.
Book Box Club is a young adult subscription box, the unique thing is the Clubhouse where you can chat to the author a month (or so) after the box was shipped and ask questions and just chat around. It also includes several goodies and usually the choice of book is one that is unique and not in other book boxes so very few chances of duplicate books and a lot of new reads discovery power.
I am just here noticing that I am posting unboxings two months behind, it’s all fine. Mostly because I try to avoid spoiling people but then sometimes to fit it around my schedule, I end up waiting longer. Oh well, March was still a “dark” theme for Book Box Club, so let us see what was inside, starting at the top right corner and going clockwise:
- Dark Stars promo card, which I think had a code or something since the first book was one from a previous box.
- Clubhouse invite, love the personalised touch.
- Theme card.
- A Oh Panda Eyes very cute and dainty necklace.
- Print with a botanical vibe I like.
- A notebook inspired by Stranger Things
- A bookend in wood with a gorgeous painting on it, reminding me of the times I have stayed up very late wanting to keep on reading.
- The Shadow War, an intriguing historical book.
- A tiny lipbalm that accidentally blends in too well with the puzzle underneath.
- And to go with the bookend and reject darkness, a book flashlight so you can read and attach it to the book.
Overall, a lovely box, very in theme with useful lovely items and I was super pleased with the fun approach of having a flashlight/booklight to go against the dark, so I do like it a lot and intrigued by the book whcih sounds right up my street.