Subscription box: Book Box Club
Theme/Month:Mermaids and Myths, October 2021
Ownership: Subscribed on their 12 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing a Book Box Club subscription, you can do it on their website.
Book Box Club is a young adult subscription box, the unique thing is the Clubhouse where you can chat to the author a month (or so) after the box was shipped and ask questions and just chat around. It also includes several goodies and usually, the choice of book is one that is unique and not in other book boxes so very few chances of duplicate books and a lot of new reads discovery power.
A little old but a good box nonetheless which I loved how in tune with the theme it was, so here we go on contents starting with the book on the left and going clockwise:
- Skin of the Sea by Natasha Bowen, an interesting read indeed and obviously all about mermaids and myths.
- Theme card, which matches the book and the colour scheme of the box items overall. I like when the card matches well the rest of the box.
- Mermaid tail iridiscent pen which is just adorable and shiny!
- A coffee travel mug, which honestly has become my favourite one, the artwork is GORGEOUS.
- Mermaid socks, nekkid mermaids which apparently I missed entirely and focused on the Lemons until my friends pointed it out.
- Mermaid wooden pin with a tiny mermaid in a bottle. Adorable size.
- Mermaid bath fizzer, which I haven’t used because I forget I have a bath tub and to take a bath since I shower instead, but it smells amazing.
Loved this box, it was on point with everything, very lovely on the whole sticking to the theme and everything, so all good. And I still recommend getting a subscription to their box. Good interesting book choices that arent the one everyone else is doing.