Subscription box: Book Box Club
Theme/Month: Secret Societies, November 2020
Ownership: Subscribed on their 6 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing a Book Box Club subscription, you can do it on their website.
Book Box Club is a young adult subscription box, the unique thing is the Clubhouse where you can chat to the author a month (or so) after the box was shipped and ask questions and just chat around. It also includes several goodies and usually the choice of book is one that is unqiue and not in other book boxes so very little chances of duplicate books and a lot of new reads discovery power.
For some reason I got my monthly boxes mixed up and didn’t show off the November one! Who knows why? Still, nevermind let’s see what the contents were starting at the bottom left and going clockwise:
- Theme card
- The main book, The Magpie Society: One for Sorrow by Zoe Sugg and Amy McCulloch. I have liked previous books by Amy so was excited to read it, I have read it now and well, review to come.
- A Starless Sea sticker of bees and books, it is very cute.
- A book sleeve, which to be fair I have used more as lunch bags and stuff, but they are really good and strong.
- A cute little Unashamedly Bookish notebook for all those secret society meeting notes 😉
- Clubhouse invite
- Chocolate orange key, you’ll definitely lose this key in your stomach!
- And a patch, which I can’t remember what it was about, you can totally see I am not big on patches, right?
Overall, once again the box puts a lot of effort into fitting the theme, getting a variety of fandoms included and a balanced mix of cute items and useful items. I do like the ideas they have behind choosing each item and the book was an interesting read, so all good.