The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
- Favourite book when you growing up?
As a child I really loved “If you Give a Mouse a Cookie”, mine came with the mouse in overalls and it was so cute. But I also loved having mum read books to us and I read a lot so there were several books in my life. As a teenager I got hooked into Madeleine L’Engle’s books and also Anne McCaffrey’s so both have amazing books I loved. And one of my most favourite is The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley.
- Which 3 fictional characters are you most like?
Hermione (Harry Potter Series), Meg Murray (The Time Quintet by Madeleine L’Engle) and probably Aerin (The Hero and The Crown). All of them are curious, brainy and stubborn, but I also have some of their weaknesses and ideas.
- Who would you fancast as your favourite characters?
I don’t usually fancast characters, so this is hard to answer, I don’t know…
- Which book is underhyped, and that you want everyone to read?
Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer, any book already mentioned above, and After The Fire by Will Hill.
- Which book is overhyped, and is really not as good as everyone says?
SJM books, I tried, I really really tried, but I kept shouting at the books because of the plot and how it was happening, just no. The writing is light easy read but I was too annoyed at everything else I didn’t enjoy them.
- What/who inspired you to start blogging?
I have been writing on and off since I was like 10 years old (I tried to make a murder mystery but didn’t go too well, very predictable, I still have it though). And during my teenage years I had a potter fiction account, a splinder (they were kinda like blogs) with short stories, tried livejournal (didn’t stick to it very well), and finally decided to jump again into blogging this year. I had been musing about the idea for a while, so it’s not something I haven’t done before. Oh and all of those sites and things mentioned before I found on my own.
- How long have you been blogging?
Here, just a few months. Before this I did a private 750words.com and before that I had my splinder for a few years, livejournal for a few months… It’s hard to pick up the trail of all that blogging time…
- How many books are on your tbr?
No idea, I bought two new bookcases a few months back because I had piles of books on the floor, and I made those bookcases my TBR, so, two bookcases worth of books (to be fair, the lowest shelf has cooking books on one of them… doesn’t count for TBR but still).
- Do you like to listen to music whilst reading? And if so, do you pick certain artists/songs to match the book?
Not really, or rather not on purpose. I can read with music in the background it doesn’t bother me, but I don’t decide to have music while I read, I don’t need it.
- Which book(s) do you wish you had written?
Probably all the ones mentioned above. And I am writing a couple, my head is full of ideas and plans and plots. Full of stories. So those too, just wish they were already written by me.
- What book did you most recently finish, what are you reading now, and what do you think you’ll pick to read next?
Warcross was the most recent one I finished, I am reading All The Crooked Saints and I am still unsure what I will pick next, I am undecided between Shadowblack, Dear Martin, A Shiver of Snow and Sky… but then any book could suddenly spark interest for me out of the blue.
Off the top of my head most of the ones I wanted to nominate have already been nominated so to avoid repeats, I nominate you all, but also specifically I nominate:
- Nikki (Books and Lemon Squash)
- Maja (Bookish Addict)
- The girls (Book Box Club)
- Marcelina (Lollipop Books)
- Briony (Miss Briony)
The next few are twitter people I think deserve a Sunshine award:
- Zara (The Story Of Zara)
- Sarah (SK Vetter Writes)
My 11 Questions:
- Which character would you want to be your best friend? Why?
- Who/what inspires you to create/write?
- Do you read one book at a time or multitasking?
- What book do you think I should read and why?
- Which character do you love to hate? Or if you don’t hate one, who is your favourite villain?
- Do you cover buy? Why?
- If you could move to a bookish world/place, which one would you choose? Why?
- Trope/cliche you love?
- Trope/cliche you hate?
- What is your favourite part about blogging?
- Who inspires you the most in your life?
Thanks for the tag Helen, and hopefully you all want to answer the questions, I’d love to read the answers to them.