Subscription box: Book Box Club
Theme/Month: This Ravaged World, April 2021
Ownership: Subscribed on their 12 boxes option. If you are interested in purchasing a Book Box Club subscription, you can do it on their website.
Book Box Club is a young adult subscription box, the unique thing is the Clubhouse where you can chat to the author a month (or so) after the box was shipped and ask questions and just chat around. It also includes several goodies and usually the choice of book is one that is unique and not in other book boxes so very few chances of duplicate books and a lot of new reads discovery power.
The box for April had two books which is always a fun thing, I like extra books. So let’s see what was in the box, starting from the bottom centre and going clockwise:
- Clubhouse invite.
- The Outlaws Scarlett and Browne bu Jonathan Stroud. Now, I did not really vibe with his previous book so I also did not get along with this one much sadly.
- The Supreme Lie by Geraldine McCaughrean. This was a very interesting read, better than I expected.
- Bite me, eco tooth brush, I like it when boxes include ecological items that will be used and have an end life or some kind of purpose beyond looking pretty.
- A sleeve or sandwich bag with art inspired by the Handmaid’s Tale
- Small cup with a quote, I like that this would go well as a cup to put your toothbrush in.
- Conditioner bar, which I appreciate as being a very ecofriendly option.
- And of course, the theme card.
Overall the box was very ecofriendly and conscious and the books talked about what might happen in the future, so it was definitely in them and well thought out.